IEEE CSC Graduate Study Fellowship is open for both U.S. and International students. The fellowship is awarded annually to a full-time graduate student pursuing a PhD (or equivalent) degree in the area of applied superconductivity
The intention of the award is to encourage students to enter and contribute to the field of applied superconductivity.
The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) is a professional association with its corporate office in New York City and its operations centre in Piscataway, New Jersey.
AD: (FREE) secret Fruits that Increased My Manh0d size and Lasting Power in 7days.. CLICK HERE TO GET IT
- Application Deadline: January 25, 2018
- Course Level: The fellowship is available for graduate students.
- Study Subject: The fellowship is awarded in applied superconductivity
- Scholarship Award: Each IEEE CSC Graduate Study Fellowship in Applied Superconductivity will consist of an honorarium of US$ 5,000, a suitably inscribed certificate, and a complimentary membership (or renewal) in IEEE and one of CSC’s sponsoring Societies.
- Nationality: U.S. and International
- Number of Scholarships: Not given
- Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Applicants from all over the world are eligible for the fellowship.
- Entrance Requirements: To be eligible, the recipient must be pursuing full-time graduate work at an accredited college/university and pursuing or planning to pursue research activities in applied superconductivity. The applicant must have majored in engineering, materials, chemistry, physics or a related area and have received a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent from an accredited college of recognized standing worldwide. Applicants are required to submit a completed application, certified transcripts (can be received electronically) from all colleges/universities attended, and three letters of recommendation, to include the applicant’s thesis advisor (if applicable), at least one educator (who could be the thesis advisor), or a recent employer (if work was technical in nature) who can provide first-hand information about the strength of the application. Award recipients will be selected based on the quality of their prior work, the impact of their current research or the impact of their potential research in superconductivity, and their financial need. We expect to distribute the Awards equally across the electronics, materials and large-scale areas of superconductivity. In addition, the awards will be distributed across a diverse range of universities or colleges in terms of applications and geographical location. The CSC Graduate Fellowship in Applied Superconductivity can be awarded to an individual *only once*. The Eligibility and Selection process shall comply with procedures and regulation established in IEEE and Council governing documents, particularly with IEEE Policy 4.4 on Awards Limitations.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants must meet the necessary language proficiency requirements of the host institution.
- Applicants can apply via email.
How to Apply:
- The application form is a Word document. Please fill it out using no smaller than 10-point font.
- The maximum number of pages for the application is 5, not counting the transcripts. If some sections are less relevant to you, you can shrink the length of the section to expand regions that are of more relevance for you. Do not attach additional things, such as a copy of an award, with the application form.
- Do NOT eliminate any of the sections on the application form. If something does not apply to you mark it NA (not applicable).
- Applicants need to submit transcripts from all of the schools you have attended past high school. These can be unofficial transcripts. Each transcript needs to be in English or to have been translated into English.
- Applicants need to have three people write a letter of recommendation. One of these needs to be your research advisor if you have begun doing research. If you do not have an advisor yet, select another educator to write one of the letters who can comment on your capabilities to do research. You will list the contact information for each of the letter writers on the application form.
- The letter writers submit their letters separately from your application form. DO NOT INCLUDE THE LETTERS WITH YOUR APPLICATION MATERIALS. The letters have the same deadline as the application materials.